Below are some important and common questions about R.J. Scherba Christian Coaching. If your questions are not answered below, click here to email or call R.J.
R.J., what vision has God given you for this ministry?
- I believe that God has given me a vision for helping thousands of people worldwide to find and follow their divine calling, through many free written resources such as my ebook and blog, and through individual and group coaching, and workshops such as Purpose Summit and Conversations with Jesus. I believe this vision is from God, and that it is part of His divine calling for my life.
- I am called especially to help people in the second half of life fulfill their life purpose. Many older adults think they have missed their purpose, or that it’s too late for them to make a significant difference. But indeed, people typically reach the sweet spot of life purpose only in the last half of life!
What is Christian life coaching?
- Christian life coaching helps you get from where you are to where you believe God wants you to be.
- Christian life coaching helps you to find and fulfill your divine calling!
- In a coaching call, you will gain clarity, understanding, and action steps for moving forward. I will listen prayerfully, ask short but powerful questions that help you discover and understand, and lead you for life-change and world-impact.
What is divine calling?
- Divine calling is who God has created you to BE and DO!
- Divine calling is your uniquely created life purpose.
- Divine calling is not just your career! It is both who you are and what you do. It is the totality of how you live your life to glorify God and serve people!
- EVERY CHRISTIAN has a divine calling, regardless of age or life circumstances!
R.J., am I too old for coaching? Isn’t finding divine calling primarily for young people?
- Divine calling is for ALL AGES!
- Research by Master Christian Life Coach Tony Stoltzfus shows that people reach the sweet spot of life purpose after age 50 and beyond!
- Most of my clients are over 40. Some are in their 60s and 70s! Mid-life persons and senior adults, as well as young adults, want to make a difference for Jesus, for whatever length of time they have remaining on this earth!
- The most impactful part of a sports competition is often the last quarter or the last inning. So also the most significant stage of life can be the last half or the last quarter, or even the last tenth!
R.J., will I be able to afford your services?
- Probably, yes! This is an exciting distinction of R.J. Scherba Christian Coaching.
- National studies have shown that people who pay nothing for life coaching rarely invest the time and energy required to experience life-change, and that wastes the time of the client and the coach. Therefore, I do rarely do free coaching.
- But on the other hand, I want to help as many people as possible find and follow their divine calling. And because of where my husband and I are in life, I offer coaching at about 15% of the current market rate.
R.J., am I spiritually ready to be coached about divine calling?
- I am always rather surprised that the very people who ask this question are usually the people MOST spiritually ready to be coached about life purpose!
- If you have a deep desire to find out what God wants you to do and be, and if you are able and willing, then you are probably ready! It doesn’t matter whether you have known Christ fifty years or fifty days, He wants you to be on purpose for Him!
- You don’t have to be a Bible scholar, or have a long resumé of serving God, or be at a certain age or life circumstance. If you are “a person after God’s own heart,” as David was in the Bible, God will bless your socks off!
What is the difference between coaching and counseling?
- Counseling is for hurting people who seek healing.
- Coaching is for well-adjusted people who seek fulfillment, are not significantly hindered by past hurts, and therefore can start and sustain forward momentum.
What is the difference between coaching, teaching, consulting, and discipling?
- Teachers, consultants, and disciplers plan a path, and the learner or disciples follow. The focus is the material to be learned and mastered.
- In coaching, the client plans the path. The focus is for clarity, understanding, and forward motion.
Is now the right time for me to seek Christian life coaching?
- If you are are eager to seek God’s purposes instead of dwelling on past pain, if you are free from addictions or past hurts that would significantlynprevent you from accomplishing God’s purposes, then you are probably ready for coaching!
- Pray and seek God’s guidance about whether He wants you to do coaching.
Why is life coaching done over the phone, instead of face-to-face?
- Phone-in coaching is much more convenient and economical for everyone, and clients can be coached from anywhere in the world.
- Counselors must coach face-to-face, because their clients are often fragile, so the counselor needs to see all of the client’s nonverbal cues. However, coaches only coach well-adjusted clients, because only well-adjusted people who are not significantly held back by past hurts can move forward with coaching goals. Therefore, coaching can be safely and effectively done via phone.
What is the purpose of a Discovery Call?
- In your free 30-minute phone-in Discovery Call, you will experience a sample of Christian life coaching, getting clarity and a practical step for moving forward. You will also learn more about coaching, and you may ask any questions you might have.
R.J., what professional ethical guidelines do you follow in your coaching?
- As a Certified Professional Life Coach and member of the Christian Coaches Network, I follow the Code of Ethics of the International Coach Federation (Click here) and the Christian Coaches Network (Click here). These two organizations are the two premier international professional organizations for life coaching.