I fully resonate with your desire to find and follow your divine calling, and to make a difference in this world for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Life purpose and divine calling have always been important to me. My parents, Lee and Ireland Cooke, owners of Cooke Mortuary and Cooke Printing Company, lived and worked for the glory of God in their small businesses, community, and personal lives. They are in heaven now, and they gave me a strong legacy of divine calling.
At every stage of my life, I sought God’s guidance for what He wanted me to do and be. Each of my careers was a divine calling: as a college chemistry professor, a pastor, and a Christian life coach.
But divine calling is much more than vocation! Divine calling is being who God created you to be, and doing what God created you to do. That’s what God wants for you!
R.J.’s VOCATIONAL HISTORY
• Certified Professional Life Coach. Owner of R.J. Scherba Christian Coaching (2013-present). Member of the Christian Coaches Network International.
• Small Group Network Pastor & Director of Adult Discipleship & Adult Encounter Retreat Director, Crossroads United Methodist Church, Oakdale, PA, 2006-2013.
• Professor of Chemistry, Bethany College, Bethany, WV, 1991-2006 (Department Chair 2003-2006).
• Certified Professional Life Coach, Professional Christian Coaching Institute, 2013.
• M.A. in Transformational Leadership, Bethel Seminary, St. Paul, MN, 2009.
• Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, 1989.
• B.A. in Chemistry, Carson-Newman College (now Carson-Newman University), Jefferson City, TN, 1983.
• Horace Maynard High School (now Union County High School), Maynardville, TN, 1979.
R.J.’s BOOKS AUTHORED
7 Keys to Finding Your Divine Calling. By R.J. Scherba. Free ebook available on my website. Click here for description or to download.
Experience Christmas: 30 Multimedia Christmas Devotionals. Click here for the Amazon Kindle book.
Group Leader Training 1. By R.J. Scherba. Written as part of the Equipping Track of Crossroads Church, Oakdale, PA 15021.
Group Leader Training 2. By R.J. Scherba. Written as part of the Equipping Track of Crossroads Church, Oakdale, PA 15021.
New Testament Overview. By R.J. Scherba. Written as part of the Equipping Track of Crossroads Church, Oakdale, PA 15021.
Old Testament Overview. By R.J. Scherba. Written as part of the Equipping Track of Crossroads Church, Oakdale, PA 15021.
Following Jesus. By Steve Cordle and R.J. Scherba. Written as part of the Equipping Track of Crossroads Church, Oakdale, PA 15021.
I am ecstatically happily married to my amazing husband, Ron!!! When we married in 2009, I became an instant mother and grandmother! We have two children and four grandchildren.
I enjoy jewelry-making, adult coloring books, travel, museums, and outdoor activities (bicycling, swimming, kayaking, backpacking, and walking). I love to read and write, and I am a lifelong learner! I would love to eventually write a novel!
Click here to get my free ebook, 7 Keys to Finding Your Divine Calling.